Saturday, February 10, 2007

My lousy Malay langguage

That day a guy came to our office to find my colleague, but sice she shift to another building of our company, i need to tell him her actual location.



In english, should say like that:

"Do u saw a public bank when u came here? oposite the public bank got a car repair shop. beside the shop, got lift. go to 3A floor. There she is now."



Dont know why, i see he is malay guy, so i straight talk with him in malay language.

"Tadi u masuk, u tengok ada public bank kan?"

"ya."

"Sana ada itu..itu...kereta kan?"

"bengkel ke?"

"Yayaya.."

"tepi itu bengkel u tengok ada...ada..ada itu tangga, u naik pergi...(转身:“xxx在第几楼?3A? 哦。”) 3A. U tanya itu reception....."

"okok."



The malay guy giving full attention to me,to see and listen my explanation, and i try very hard to think of those malay words. I know for sure, that time i look damn funny. Just like a baby learning to speak. Its really a shame that i learn malay language since kindergarden but i cant even speak fluently in that simple conversation!



I still remember when I was standard 5 n 6, my BM teacher, Miss Teh Ai Qing force us memorise those karangan n write it out. (默写 i think) but then, i didnt work hard for that, just can wrote out a few words n count the words in the article, and let she rotan me. I get B or C in UPSR; C in PMR; and 7D in SPM for the BM. But sikit sikit, honestly, I dont like BM d. Funny huh? Malaysian dont like BM...

6 comments:

wjiann said...

tat is called rencana!!!lol....my lectures sumtimes conducted in malay n i relifeel wanna kill the lecturer oso!!!!

ckyue said...

oh yes!! rencana! when i wrote this article, i cant remember what it call..Hahaha!

feel like wana kill the lecturer?? y? i dont think ur BM week as me wor...

Leech said...

Haha.. well all i wan to tell u is.. speak more malay. I dun like BM as much as u but sometimes u just nid to use it, so wat to do. Terpaksa lo rite??

Anonymous said...

har...nid to use? when the time comes, i rather try speak in english more than malay lor..

Anonymous said...

rencana means what?

Anonymous said...

rencana means....默写...memorise the thg n write it out